Thursday, December 23, 2010

SEVENTEEN...


My parents just did a massive clean out of the garage and in the corner sits a "Brooke Pile", Immediately this large piece of poster board caught my eye... it's the self-portrait that I drew my senior year of high school in Art class, it was a mandatory project and it took me nearly a whole semester to complete it. Attached to it was a blue ribbon, I had submitted it to the Arizona state fair art show, I placed 4th. It was drawn in pastels and prisma colored pencils, pastels were my favorite medium, though they were messy, I used to leave art class covered in smudges of color, multiple shades of peaches and beige, and charcoal fingerprints on my forehead from where I would rest my left hand.

I was 17, exactly ten years ago... a lot has changed, of course I've changed, and yet I think I am still very much the same.

PS- Sorry friends, I believe I bit off a bit more than I could chew with the December blog challenge, especially amidst the craziness of the holidays, songwriting almost daily and traveling to here there and everywhere, I know my track record isn't perfect as I missed a post once or twice, nonetheless I am determined to make it to the finish line. Can you believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve?! still not done with my Christmas shopping, par for my course...

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Brooke!!! A wonderful New Year Too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy heck! That portrait is amazing!
    Merry Christmas Eve to you, Brooke! Godspeed with your last-minute shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an amaizng portrait! 4th on the state fair, that is awesome! :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an amazing portrait.

    Merry Christmas Brooke, enjoy the holidays

    ReplyDelete