Saturday, December 4, 2010

THE SILVER SEAS...

I found out about these guys a few days ago while I was writing a super duper heartbreakin' throwback song with my new pal Emily West, she said "Brooke White you are going to love this band" and she was right... all it took was 30 seconds, it was love at first listen. So I walked on over to the itunes and downloaded "High Society" on the spot, which is their sophomore release from a few years ago. There really isn't a bad song on the whole thing, which is a rarity these days. There is one song about an infinite number of monkeys thats not my fave, but other then that it's solid from start to finish. I've been listening to it on repeat for the last few days and I just can't get enough of it, so much even that I decided to go and download their latest record "Chateau Revenge" and their first album "Starry Gazey Pie". I haven't had a chance to dig into them yet, but if they are anything like High Society then I won't be disappointed.

So why do I love 'em so gosh darn much? Well maybe because they sound like a 70's band but with a modern treatment with dreamy ooh's and aahh's and lots of luscious harmonies and the lead singers voice is rather romantical. But it's really the songs that have got me smitten, The melodies are just so stinkin' catchy and instantaneous. You feel like you know them already and I love when songs just make you want to sing along right away really loud, kinda like "and he's hard luck Tooooommmm... and he's got a haaaard life!" that song would be called "Hard luck Tom" and you're gonna wanna sing along too when you hear it, trust me. Though my favorite songs are "High Society", "We'll go Walkin", and "I wanna live"... though I like all of em, except the Monkey tune. In a nutshell it's artsy fartsy easy breezy hip with out trying to hard real good music and it pretty much owns my heart right now.

oh music you are just my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. hi brooke! i just started reading your blog and i love what you have to say! i can't wait to keep reading. thanks for the music suggestion... i'll check it out since it sounds like something i might like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love 'Imaginary Girl'. Great band!

    ReplyDelete